Want to fall in love with your summer job and get amazing experience?
We are accepting applications for the 2020 summer season!
If you love the great outdoors and love (or think you could fall in love) with our home here on Cape Cod, MOCEAN Adventures is hiring. We are seeking qualified (or individuals desiring to be qualified) kayak and paddle board instructors, guides and staff. You're probably thinking, this can't be true! Well sunshine, it is! MOCEAN Adventures is the "go outside and play" sister of our retail stores, MOCEAN Cape Cod. If you are ready to embark on new adventures and put smiles on faces as you watch people learn, play, explore, and fall in love with Cape Cod, this may be the perfect place for you.
- spread the stoke. we call it the "cape cod aloha" it is magical, and is literally the foundation of every task we undertake.
- assist individuals with renting the RIGHT gear for activities including kayaking, paddle boarding and biking. this can be face-to-face, online, or in-store.
- coach individuals and groups of all sizes to tackle their fears and safely embark on new adventures.
- use your training and skills to safely oversee lessons and tours.
- put your passion to work with leading adventures including full moon tours, glow tours, eco adventures, kids camps and more.
- teach or assist with product demos in-store and on the water.
- learn about our local eco system, what threatens it, what we are doing to help it, and how our adventurers can help
- deliver & retrieve gear from adventure seekers that rent our gear for extended periods of time
- Partner with local business and outlets to market MOCEAN Adventures through various causes, means and functions.
- encourage strong reviews on social media sites (google, facebook, trip advisor, etc)
- assist in the shop on rainy days
- maintain gear~advise when repairs are necessary
we look for the following skills and expertise in our hiring
- passion, excitement and drive to offer 100% everyday
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in outdoor adventuring with experience teaching and/or guiding outdoor programs in order to qualify as a LEAD GUIDE
- Demonstrated leadership skills should include excellent teaching and presentation abilities, and planning and organizational skills.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to extraordinary customer service with the ability to effectively resolve difficult customer issues
- Applicable certification or equivalent experience in the position desired (ACA preferred)
- local knowledge of outdoor venues and resources is highly desirable~personal study required
- Knowledge of legal and risk management issues related to paddling adventures
- Certification in First Aid and CPR
- Valid driver’s license with no negative incidents and ability to acquire commercial driver’s license which includes medical screen and to pass drug tests
why you'll love it here
We work hard and play harder. work is work and we take it seriously. we are driven to exceed customers expectations, deliver experience with excellence and strengthen our market position.
We are real, authentic, and driven to succeed. We place a high value on our customers and every action we take is measured against this with integrity and quality of work.
you want more?
rumor is that we pay above average with opportunity to excel. you will determine your bonus.
a great workplace with an amazing "summertime vibe" all year long
gear and merchandise discounts
professional growth and personal development opportunities
free & discounted gear rentals
free schwag, free lunches, double iced latte's and more!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $18.00 /hour